FALL TEAM Program Basic Information/Setup
Grades 4-8 (middle school)
EVALUATION workouts will occur the week of 8/21.
Dates/sites for each grade level announced Thur 8/17
Evaluations are NOT tryouts, but informal workouts to get to know players/positions, etc,
so we can properly assign each player.
SIGNUPS starting Tue 8/7 through evaluations.
SEASON Runs 8/27 week through 10/29. (dependent on grade level) - approx 10 weeks.
Rosters set on 8/29-8/31 and practices will begin that week
PRACTICES on average, once per week per team.
SCHEDULING VERY IMPORTANT
For Fall season, since many players are also in another fall sport (such as football or soccer), we custom build EACH team's practice schedule based on availability info we receive from parents prior to/at evaluations.
Goal is 1 practice per week on a routine schedule, but that may vary from team to team depending on that team's conflicts/roster. Some teams find that clustering practices around certain dates/days fits their overall schedules better. We work very hard to minimize or eliminate any conflicts on scheduling, to maximize practice attendance
- Most all teams play games on Sundays, whether at Midamerica in one of their leagues or at a league we host.
- Games usually mid or late afternoon into early evening.
- Teams typically get 6-8 league games including a single elimination league tourney and then we try to get each team in 1 local weekend tourney in mid October.
COACHES: ALL coaches for fall ball are current HLB team coaches and have been with us for at least 2 seasons. They are all experienced/professional and are paid a stipend for their work.
Fall team fees specific amounts depend on each team's roster size (we carry 9 or 10 in most cases) but will range from $145-$165 per player.
Fees cover: Head coach stipend, Staff assistant stipend, Team insurance, Team's league entry fee, Gym rental for all practices, Team balls/equipment and all administrative costs from HLB staff
NOTE: Uniforms are not included, but we normally get buyback uniforms (which are gently used uniforms from previous season players) for $25 total.
Youth Basketball Clinics
Fall 8 Week Program Starting 8/26
- SATURDAY MORNINGS: 9-10:30 am Boys; 10-11:30 am Girls
- (Program dates: 8/26, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14, 10/21. Off Labor Day weekend)
- Location: Walden School Gym, 4238 Westport Rd
- Pre-Registration Rate (By Thur 8/24): $99
Click here for brochure and to register!
FALL TEAMS - Initial Evaluations
SAT 8/26: @ Hurstbourne Baptist gym, 8800 Shelbyville Rd
- 3-4 pm: 5th and 6th graders
- 4-5 pm: 7th and 8th graders
SUN 8/27 @ Portland East, 8509 Westport Rd
- 3-4 pm: 5th and 6th graders
- 4-5 pm: 7th graders
- 420-530 pm: 8th graders
- ALL Players interested in playing fall ball/teams should attend at least 1 of those workouts. If available and their schedule allows, we encourage them to attend both.
- IF your player is interested and absolutely can not attend either, please advise via email below.
- If you have NOT yet indicated your interest or signed up to play fall teams,
please email => email@example.com with player name/grade